Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Light painting with my family

Ever since my Dad saw my light painting photo's from Las Vegas he's been wanting to try it out. So on Saturday my Dad, brother-in-law, nephew and I went out to spin burning steel wool in circles. Imagine 3 guys with fire on the end of a rope! Good thing I had my camera to catch it all. :)

 We started simple . . . . .

                                  And then got more complex . . . . .

 This one my Brother-in-Law is spinning vertically and my Dad is spinning horizontally
We put my nephew in front of the flying sparks to create the shadow effect . . . . shhhh . . . don't tell my sister
 This one is one of my favorites. I love the sillouttes of the trees in the background. I also love this one because my nephew decided to turn himself in circles in stead of the steel wool. The extra bright spot on the top left area is where he ran into the tree limbs on the ground . . . . .
 My brother in law decided to get extra fancy!! The bottom photo was supposed to be Mickey Mouse, but the ears turned into eyes. We decided it looked like a frog and named this one Little Joey after Devin's frog.
           This last one proves my nephew has a flair for light painting.

6 comments:

  1. Super awesome! Looks like so much fun and you captured it in such interesting and beautiful pictures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Teresa. These turned out great. You picked a great spot, the trees in the background are fantastic and really add to the images. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite is mine too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool - I've never seen anything like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete