Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dawson's Birthday Full of Legos

December 21, 2011 should have been my son's 13th birthday. Since Dawson wasn't here to celebrate his birthday people from around the country showed their support by building Lego creations. Lego's were one of the things Dawson's engineering mind gravitated toward. We'd asked anyone who wanted to help celebrate Dawson's birthday with us to build something with Lego's and send in photos. In all I collected 92 photos. People got very creative, they spelled Dawson's name in Lego's, built Lego scenes, there were paper Lego's, piles of Lego's, robots, airplanes, cars, spaceships, lighthouse, sail boat, soccer, house, semi-truck, transformer, Lego tattoo, John Deer tractor, Lego trains and a cupcake with Lego candies.

People or families who participated: 52
16 states spread from coast to coast
Someone from Scotland
5 babies participated
My uncle sent photo's from when he was Dawson's age playing with Lego's
A couple people sent me photo's of the mess their Lego creations made
1 person sent a photo of a puzzle Christmas ornament - something Dawson would have loved to take apart.

Some of my favorite photos:
 I saw this one and thought "Lego Brothers" - I don't know if that was the intention, but I like it :)
                           A pile of Lego's in the shape of a "D"
                                                      Yummy!!!
                                           Lego's made out of paper
                                        Love the giant "D"
 My Uncle James when he was Dawson's age, with some of his Lego creations
 This photo just made me laugh!! My Aunt and Uncle cheated just a bit. :)

The following are photo's of Lego's I'm sure Dawson would have thought were cool!
 I think Dawson would have enjoyed the mind twisting of this Lego creation
 I remember Dawson sitting in the living room surrounded by Lego's
 Dawson's cousins and Uncle built an Optimus Prime Transformer Lego. I can guarantee Dawson would have flipped over this.
 The Lego Store! I'm sure Dawson would have LOVED wandering around this store
 I think Dawson would have enjoyed playing Lego's with this kid. :)
 This picture just made me laugh and I thought the last photo was sweet

1 comment:

  1. I feel so bad that I didn't realize or I would have participated!

    ReplyDelete