Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm a sucker for a good sunset. Hawaii is a great place for sunsets. You don't have to wait for the right conditions. Every night has a beautiful sunset!!






 I couldn't resist the photo with 2 little boy's playing in the evening light.

 This last photo isn't really a great photograph. But I HAD to include it. I don't know if you've ever heard of the green flash. The first time I heard of it was on Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought it was just a movie thing. However it's real. Sometimes, just before the last bit of sun sinks over the horizon it flashes green. It happens so fast if you blink you could literally miss it. I was taking photo's of the sunset, but I put my camera down just in time to see the sun flash green. I didn't know I'd captured the flash until I was uploading pictures. You can barely see it, but if you look at the edges of the sun . . . it's green

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all those sunset photos, they are beautiful! And the green flash is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are SO amazing ... now I want to go to Hawaii - just for photo taking!!! and that's pretty cool, I'd never heard of the green flash!

    ReplyDelete