Monday, March 19, 2012

DC Memorials

The Capitol Mall is lined with Smithsonian museums and Memorials. On of my favorite to see was the WWII memorial. I knew there was a memorial, but I'd never seen any pictures. So it was fun to go somewhere and capture pictures without having to think how can I see this differently than everyone else. It was also fun to be there and see the Honor Flight veterans and thier sponsors. To see WWII veterans enjoying a memorial to what they did for this country was very cool.


        My neice Beth was mad we wouldn't let her play in the water

 I was so excited to see the Lincoln Memorial. However it was so crowded it was hard to really enjoy it. I will say this though . . . I wonder what Abraham Lincoln would have thought about this building erected in his honor?


 Even thought I've seen multitudes of pictures and video of the Vietnam Memorial, it still wasn't what I expected. Even with the massive crowds it's hard to get past the walls and walls of names.


No comments:

Post a Comment