Monday, March 19, 2012

Arlington National Cemetary & The Tomb of the Unknow Soldier

To visit someplace with so much history can be overwhelming. It's sad to see how many men and women have died for the freedom we all enjoy. But at the same time, it can bring a sense of pride that we live in a country where people are willing to lay down their lives for the safety of others.

I was fortunate enough to see a wreath laying ceremony instead of the regular changing of the guard. Every branch of the military was represented. And watching everything done with military precision was truly a sight to behold.



I found the discoloration on the sidewalk facinating. When the relief guard came I realized the discoloration is because that path has been walked several times a day for years . . . the exact same path. You can even tell where they stop and turn.




I find this tradition very cool. I wish I knew the history behind the placing of rocks on Jewish graves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment