Friday, June 10, 2011

Who Me?

I'm just going to put this out there . . . . On of my long range photography goals is to be asked to speak at a photography convention like WPPI. Why? I don't know, public speaking scares me to death.

When a friend contacted me about learning photography from me, I saw it as a first step to reaching my outrageous goal. But when I sat down to write the lesson I was immediately hit with my many insecurities. "What right do I have to teach a class?" I'm still in the beginning learning stage. "What can someone possibly learn from me, when I still have hundreds of questions?" "How can I instruct someone else to better their photography when I don't know how to better my own?"

But then I pause . . . take a DEEP breath and remember how far I've come. I know more today than I did yesterday, more this year than I did last year. And that information I CAN share. So what little knowledge I do have I will use to build my knowledge and teach others. And that will bring me closer to my goal . . .

2 comments: