Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Last day of School

Every year on the first and last days of school the boys would stand against the wall and I'd measure how much they'd grown. They loved tracking how tall they were. They'd stand with their heels against the baseboard, their backs straight and their heads held high. I'd make the mark and before I was done they'd duck out from under my arm to see how tall they were. Well today is the last day of school, but no marks will be made on the wall today. Instead I took a picture to remember how fast kids grow and how short life can be.

2 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. Someday I will share with you how your experiences have changed me. Wish I could hug you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so unworthy to comment on this post, but Teresa I am just,,,,my mama is heart is crying for you and so thankful that you are willing to write and share these moments...

    ReplyDelete