Thursday, September 23, 2010

Go-cart Dreams

I grew up with 2 sisters. No brothers. I knew as a child that my Dad had wanted boys. But instead of having sons, he has 5 grandson's. My Mom always told my Dad that the boys would come . . . boy was she right. Have you ever been in a room with 5 rowdy boys . . . it's mind blowing! Anyway . . . . I remember knowing that one of the reason's my Dad wanted boys was to be able to build a go-cart. So when my son came home with a library book on how to build a go-cart, I had him call Grandpa. He and Grandpa looked at the book, then decided to go with their own design. This is the result. At first they were pushing the go-cart with the rider's feet. But Dawson came up with the idea of using a long pole that pops off easy to push the cart. He's so smart!

On a side note . . . I never understood why Dad didn't build a go-cart with us girls. That is until I took a ride on Dawson's. I scraped up my arm pretty good, and I have bruise on my bum the size of a plum. I think I'll leave the go-cart riding to the boys!

1 comment:

  1. The last two are my favorite for SURE! It's all about the facial expressions. :)

    ReplyDelete