Sunday, March 8, 2015

Holloway Family

Last fall a good friend asked me to take her family pictures. A couple years ago I had to take a step back from doing portrait work, because with all that was going on in my life I just didn't have the energy for it anymore. So when Marci asked me to take her family photos, I made sure she knew I was out of practice. 

In October we drove to the Oregon Coast to take photos on the beach. To say I was excited was an understatement. I've been wanting to do beach portraits for a long time. I had so much fun crawling around in the sand getting pictures of them jumping off sand dunes. They played with the driftwood and in the surf. It was such a fun afternoon. We took a break to eat some dinner and then rushed back for some sunset shots. By this time the family had changed out of their "portrait" outfits and back into their comfortable clothes. They look great being themselves in front of a gorgeous sunset backdrop.

Thank you Marci for putting your faith in this out of practice photographer and reminding me how much I love taking pictures of people. 














No comments:

Post a Comment