Sunday, February 9, 2014

What I did on Super Bowl Sunday

I'm not really a football fan. I don't mind watching the game, but I don't get into football the way a lot of America does. On Super Bowl Sunday I decided to run up to the Columbia River Gorge to work on a Flat Stanley project for the daughter of a friend of mine. (If you don't know who Flat Stanley is check out this website). My plan was to snap some photo's of Flat Stanley at a few scenic spots then join my family for the Super Bowl. But on my way out the door I grabbed my camera. I ended up being out longer than I had planned. When I'm behind my camera I lose track of time. :) I did manage to see enough of the Super Bowl to watch the Broncos score their only points of the game. LOL!
 I ran into a couple of photographers at Wahkeena Falls. I had a great time chatting with them. I decided to pull my camera out and grab a few shots of this amazing waterfall.
On the way up I decided to check out a new lookout spot I had discovered. I has an amazing view of the gorge. I decided to stop on my way back to try and get a sunset shot. Just after I took this photo the sun when behind a cloud.

The photo below was taken with my phone. I'm not a fan of the photo, but I thought you'd like to meet Flat Stanley. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment