Saturday, December 1, 2012

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls has been at the top of my "Places I want to visit someday" list for a very long time. Thanks to some wonderful friends I had the opportunity to see the falls this past August. Niagara Falls is an amazing place I plan to visit again!
You can see the spray from the falls long before you see the falls themselves. That's the Canadian skyline on the other side of the mist.
One of my favorite things about waterfalls is watching the water go over the edge. This photo was taken at the tip of Horseshoe Falls on the American side.
 
 An above view of the American Falls with the bridge to Canada in the background.
I wonder how many people take the time to look upriver? The site there is just as beautiful
I laughed when I saw that someone had thrown an orange object into the river . . . It was fun to watch it go over the edge.
 A side view of American Falls with Horseshoe Falls and the Canadian skyline in the background
 It was so much fun watching the changing colors of the lights shining on the falls.

I love the pink spray of the above photo and the slightly psychedelic look of the lights in the photo below.
                                                 Someday I will go back . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment