Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Light Painting in Las Vegas

While in Vegas last month my friend Jeff  took a few members of our photography club Light Painting. We had a blast shooting pictures of  burning steel wool being spun in different formations.

While editing the photo's I started playing around with different filters in Lightroom. I found it interesting how different filters brought out different parts of the photos.




 Here you can see the same photo edited 2 different ways. The top is the original photo with a few minor edits. The bottom image is a cold tone creative color pre-set in Lightroom.


 If you look close in the middle of the circle you'll see me. The guys talked me into spinning the burning metal too. It was fun. Though you can't back away from the burning metal when you are holding the string in your hand . . . .   :)
Here is the small group of us that went Light Painting. Silly Dale stood right in front of the sparks flying everywhere. :)

1 comment:

  1. These are all fantastic, Teresa! I like what the filters did for them. I'm glad you enjoyed doing these.

    ReplyDelete