Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Nephew, College & Change


At the end of June I took my nephew to the town where I went to college. I wanted to show him where I went to school and where I lived when Dawson was born. The building that housed the college has been remodeled & is now a performing arts center. As I walked around what was left of the building I was struck by how much had changed. The stair wells were completely different, the banister I used to slide down was gone. I actually recognized very little of the building. Then I noticed the men's bathroom door. It looked exactly as I remembered it, down to the sign (in the school's colors) to mark that it was the men's bathroom. I found an old classroom that still had the sliding chalkboard on the wall. I went into the gym & noticed it had been painted different colors. However the school logo was still on the gym floor & the basketball keys were still the school colors.

All this got me thinking . . . . people are always so afraid of change. But it comes weather we want it to or not. Sometimes we can see the change coming, sometimes it comes so fast we're left wondering what just happened.

Next time your world changes look around . . . I'll bet you can find something that is still the same.

         I love old buildings, they always have so much character!





            My sister, 2 of my nephews and I

I just had to post this picture of my nephew . . . . isn't he adorable                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment