Monday, September 3, 2012

DC at Night

Last month I had the opportunity to fly to DC and hang out with my photography club. Our first night in town we took the metro to Arlington so we could shoot the city from across the Potomac River. It was a beautiful night. However . . . the metro station closed before we made it back. So we walked across the bridge and hung out at the Lincoln Memorial. We then took the long hike up the mall to catch the, still open, metro station. This metro station closed at midnight . . . we made it with 4 minutes to spare.



                    Of course we had to do some light painting . . .


 I love the Lincoln Memorial. The detail in the marble is amazing!!
I had a very frustrating time capturing this shot of the Washington Monument from inside the Lincoln Memorial. There were so many people there, even at 11:30, it was hard to get a clean shot.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Teresa! The one of Lincoln from across the river is fantastic! I'm also partial to the light painting shots. The worm hole is pretty stinking amazing. I'm a bit jealous of it, mine din't turn out nearly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these Teresa. Wish I'd been there. Didn't realize that you all did some light painting that night also. And I agree, Lincoln is my favorite and the shot you captured is superb.

    ReplyDelete